On May 9th of 2007, I was returning home from taking Beth to violin lessons when John, my husband, called me on the cell phone. He said that he got a call from the police. They said our house was on fire. I arrived at our house just a few minutes later. The police were there and as I drove by I screamed at them that we had dogs in the house! I got out and kept telling them I needed to get the dogs out. They said the house was on fire and no one could go in until the fire department got there.
Well the firemen got there and set up to fight the fire and I was going berserk, of course. They had to make sure that the gas tank in the back was not in danger of exploding and other safety precautions and it was like slow motion...
Finally they were able to go in after controlling the fire some and search for the dogs. Some of our dogs perished in the fire...In Loving Memory >
They were Wiggle, Charm, and three puppies. I am so sad.
Liebschen, Bunny, and Beau are all safe. And Beth and Liam and John and I are safe too. We were only gone 50 minutes. The house was destroyed. The fire started from some loose wires in an outlet in the kitchen which started smoldering behind the wall.